We have to update apps of our iPhone to get latest version of that app. The app developers put new features and fix bugs time to time. So it is very important to update app time to time. It’s very easy to update app in iPhone but sometimes updating app is very problematic. There are many internal problems which prevent apps to being updated. It is very simple to solve an updating problem but first of all, you have to know about reason because if you don’t know about problem, how can you solve the problem. I have given some solution to fix if iPhone apps won’t Update.
There are two types of user, one who doesn’t care dozen of notification on their notification bar and one who become restless when any update available. So if you fall on second category but the app won’t update then follow the following method to fix it. Lets try method one by one.
Read also: How to find my iPhone.
1. Make Sure you’re using right Apple ID
If you do not able to update the app which you are wishing, check first that you are using right Apple Id to update it. When you download any app, it becomes to associated with the apple Id. So you have to use same apple id to update that app. So you have to check if you are using that Apple Id or not.
Read also: Why does my iPhone get hot battery Drain fix
To check follow the following steps
- First of all, tap the App store app.
- Now tap on Updates.
- Now tap on Purchased.
- Now check if the app which you want to update is listed here or not. If it is not available here, you have to change and check in the another Apple Id.
If you are using iTune, follow the following steps to check which Apple Id you used to download that app.
- First of all, go to list of apps.
- Now right click on that app which you want to check.
- Now click on get info.
- Now click the file Tap.
- Now you have to look at the purchased by for the apple Id.
If you used any other apple Id to download that app, move on that Apple id and then try to update that app.
2. Ensure restrictions are off
Restriction feature is given for the people to restrict certain app which you don’t want to update or use. Restriction is also allow to download apps. So may be the app, which you want to update, is restricted. So you have to check it. It is very easy to see the restriction list.
Read also: How to delete picture from iPhone
To Check Restriction List Follow the Following steps
- First of all, Go to setting.
- Now go to General.
- Now tap on Restrictions.
- Now check the Installing apps menu, If slider is set to off, Slide to enable the installing app.
Now try to install the app. If still you can’t update the app, move on to the next method.
3. Sign Out and Back into the App Store
Sometime it is very easy to fix iPhone updating app problem just sign out Apple Id and sign in apple id. If you don’t know how to sign out Apple Id, follow the given steps.
Read also: How to download Free movie on iPhone
- Now just Tap on Setting.
- Now tap on iTune and app store.
- Now tap the Apple Id menu.
- In the pop up menu tap sign out.
- Now tap the Apple Id menu and sign in with apple Id.
If there is any apple Id problem, it will surely work. If it doesn’t work, just move on another method.
4. Check Available Storage
Perhaps it is a Storage problem. Sometimes, due to not enough storage, your iPhone do not allow to update app. So you have to be sure that there is enough storage for updating your app. You can check free space of your iPhone by following given step.
- First of all, tap on setting.
- Now tap on General setting.
- Tap on about.
- Look for the available line that’s the free storage of your iPhone.
If your iPhone has not enough space, you need to delete some apps to free more space. After deleting app, try again. If it doesn’t work, move on to next step.
Read also: How to download songs on iPhone and iPad
5. Restart iPhone
It is simplest step to cure many problem. You can try it for updating error. After restarting, the thing which doesn’t work, automatically start working. So just try perhaps it is the cure of your problem.
To Restart just follow the following steps
- Hold down the power button.
- When the slide appears at the top of the screen, move it from left to the right.
- Let the iPhone turn off.
- Start iPhone again to press the power button again.
Now try to update app. If this method doesn’t work, move on other method.
6. Update to the latest version of iOS
It is another simple solution to fix the problem of updating app. It is required when you are not using latest iOS version. If you are not using latest version of iOS, you can not update any apple. So you have to update to the latest version of iOS. Once update latest version then try again later. If it also doesn’t work, move on another method.
7. Delete and Reinstall the app
If any thing does not work, delete the app which you want to update and reinstall in your iPhone. It will surely help to fix the problem. It will reinstall with updated version. So automatically you update the app. This is very simple trick to update an app.
I hope you have fix the updating problem of your iPhone. If you can’t update, try to get help of Apple service center. They will surely help to fix the problem of your iPhone. If you face any problem to follow the following steps, just comment in the comment box. we will try to fix your problem.