Restoring iPhone is one of the simplest thing to do. You just need to follow some simple steps and you can store your data safely and can restore you iPhone to factory settings or using previous data backup. You can restore the data using iTunes, iCloud or in other ways too. iTunes and iCloud are the most preferred way to restore your iPhone and get everything back. There are 3rd party application also which can help you restore your iPhone. Restoring your iPhone via iCloud or iTunes can be done for all iPhone devices such as iPhone 4, iPhone 5 or the latest ones iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Below are the steps which you can follow sequentially to restore your iPhone data :
How to restore iPhone Using iTunes
Few things before you start following the process:
- Latest Version of iTunes must be installed on your computer. Follow the link in the first step below for latest iTunes update and install it.
- While backing up, you need to make sure to transfer and sync every important content to your computer.
- Turn off Find My iPhone from you iPhone settings. Otherwise Activation Lock feature will get activated.
Now continue with the steps below keeping the above points in mind.
- iTunes : The first and main thing is that you should have iTunes. Without having iTunes, the transfer of data will not be possible. (Download and Install iTunes)
- Now you don’t need to break head in search of download software or anything. You just need to connect your iPhone with your computer. iTunes will open up automatically.
- Once the iTunes opens up, you can select your “iPhone” from the Device Menu. Sometimes it might also happen that your computer may not detect your iPhone, at this time you might need to put it into recovery mode. You just need to disconnect your iPhone, keep the power down and then press and keep on holding the home button, and then connect it with the computer, the ” Connect to iTunes” logo will appear.
- Now you need to go : File>Devices>Backup. If you have an earlier version then right click on your device and you will get “Back up now” option. Click on this button to save a backup of your iPhone data.
- You can check your Backup Data at : iTunes Preferences > Select the Devices tab. Name of the device along with time and date will be registered there.
- In the Summary panel of your device, click on “Restore iPhone..” and then click on “Restore” to confirm the restore process. This will restore your device to factory settings and will delete all your data.
- Once the process is completed, the iPhone will restart itself showing you the welcome screen to set it up. You can set your iPhone as New or Restore from Previous Backup.
- If you want to restore using previous backup then simply click on “Restore from this backup” to restore your backup.
- If you want to setup iPhone as new then proceed with the iOS setup assistant.
Image : www.apple.com
Getting any Error while restoring or Backup : Visit Here for Errors and Solution
One more thing…
Using the above method, you can also restore your other apple devices such as iPod, iPad. You can either restore using backup or restore your apple device to factory settings. Factory settings options will delete all the data, content or whatever is there on your device and make it new settings wise 😉 All these things can be done manually and without internet.
Here are few things that you will like to learn if you have your iPhone with you-
- How to Use Find My iPhone
- Best iPhone 6 Skin Cases and Covers
- 11 Best iPhone Photo Editing Apps
- 7 Popular iPhone Paid Apps
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Yahoo Mail iPhone Settings
- Restore iPhone using iTunes
- Restore iPhone without iTunes
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer
- Increase Battery Life on iPhone
- Know your iPhone Baseband Version