When we buy a new iPhone and replace it by old one, we have to sell or hand it over to someone else. Before giving it to any one else, We have to wipe off our old iPhone Because in old iPhone, we have saved many things as some personal data, personal phone numbers and some important documents. As we all want to wipe off everything, before selling or hand over to your family member, I have given some tricks and also give some things that you need to delete before selling your iPhone. I have also some links related to iPhone problem, If you want to read, just click on the given links.
So you want to sell your old iPhone and don’t know what to do before selling your iPhone. Read given tricks and apply it in your iPhone. First of all, let’s know about what should be done before selling iPhone.
Read More: How to Find My iPhone online.
1. Unpair Your Apple Watch
It is very necessary to unpair your Apple watch from your old iPhone. If you have paired your Apple watch with your iPhone and you don’t know how to unpair, follow the following steps.
- First of all, go to Apple watch app app on your iPhone.
- Now go to my watch tab and select your watch.
- Now select information icon next the watch you want to unpair.
- Now select unpair watch.
- Now confirm it. ( If you are asked to enter your Apple Id, Enter it)
- Before erasing your watch, your watch need to back up. When your connect it with any other device, It will restore automatically.
2.Back Up Your iPhone
You have to back up your iPhone before erasing your iPhone. To back up, you can save your all your data to your email and also you can restore in your New iDevice. It is very easy to back up your iPhone by using iCloud. If you don’t know how to back up your iPhone by using iCloud, follow the following steps.
- First of all, go to setting.
- Now go to icloud.
- Now go to Storage.
- Now go to Manage Storage.
- Now Tap on Back up and you can also select app which you want to back up.
- Now tap on back up.
After sometimes back up will complete.
Read More: How do I know if my iphone is Unlocked
Turn off iMessage
You have to turn on your iMessage before selling your iPhone. To Turn off iMessage, Follow the Given steps.
- First of all open Setting << Message << iMessage << Turn it off.
Read More: Why My Phone and iPad so slow fix
Turn off Activation Lock
You must have to turn off your activation lock before selling your iPhone. To turn off Activation lock, follow the given steps.
- Go to Setting << iCloud and select find my iPhone << Turn it off.
Read More: How to Find my Mac book Online.
Sign out off iCloud
You have to sign off iCloud before selling your iPhone. To sign off iCloud, just follow the given steps.
- First of all, go to setting.
- Now go to iCloud and select sign out.
- Now select iCloud again and select delete from my iPhone.
Read More: FaceTime iMessage waiting for Activation.
Sign out From iPhone and App store
Now you have to sign out from iPhone and App store. To sign out from iPhone, Just follow the given steps.
- Go to setting >> iTune and app store >> Apple Id >> Sign out.
Restore to Your Factory Setting
Now it’s time to restore to your factory setting. To factory restore, just follow the given steps.
- First off all open setting app.
- Go to General.
- Click on reset.
- Erase all content and setting.( If you have still enable your find my iPhone, You may have to enter your apple id and it can also ask for your restriction passcode.
Read More: How to find My iPad online.
Call your carrier to Remove your iPhone from your Account
Now you have to call your carrier and ask him to remove your account from your iPhone.
So these are some basic things that you need to do before selling your iPhone. If you want to know something else about your iPhone, just comment below. You will surely get help towards us.