Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus can be easily found using official Find my iPhone app. Find my iPhone app can also be used to find your macbook, iPad, iPod and other apple devices. You can perform multiple task through the app. You can lock your device remotely, ring the iPhone, send a message and activation lock (iOS 7 and above). There are other number of apps to find your iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus however official apps are always good and fully supported by Apple.
Other apps provide few other features such as clicking a picture, recording the voice, retrieving the contacts and messages along with call logs. You can get such features in paid apps such as bitdefender and cerebus. Official Find my iPhone app is totally free and already included in your iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus.
There are basically 2 ways through which you can find your iPhone 6S:
- Through PC
- Through Find my iPhone App (Without iCloud)
Before you do the above things you need to make sure that you completed the below things in order to secure your iPhone after purchasing it.
- You must have a iCloud Account. ( Normally it’s setup during the iPhone setup right after the purchase.)
- Find My iPhone feature should be enabled in settings of your iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. You can turn it on by going to settings >> iCloud ( Sign in if asked) Click on Find my iPhone and turn it on.
- Now you can track your iPhone 6S exact location on the map and you will be able to perform multiple things as described above remotely using your pc or app.
Method-1 : How to Find My iPhone 6S through PC
Follow the steps below to track your iPhone 6S location:
- Go to http://www.iCloud.com in your computer browser.
- Sign in using your Apple ID. ( Normally the credentials which you used to setup your iPhone)
- Click on “Find My iPhone” out of all the apps shown on the screen.
- You will be immediately shown positions of your iOS devices as dots on the map.
- Click on “Devices” option at the top and select your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus.
- As soon as you click on iPhone 6S, you will get mainly 3 options namely: Lost mode, Play Sounds and Erase iPhone.
- If you have lost your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S plus then you can use these options. You need to remember that Erase iPhone option will bring your iPhone to factory settings.
Play Sound option will play sound on your iPhone at full volume even if your iPhone 6S is on silent or vibration mode. So if you lost the iPhone at your home or office for the time being then you can use this option to find it immediately. Simply click the Play Sound option and you will identify the location.
Lock Mode locks your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus with a 4 digit code remotely. If you really lost it somewhere and unable to track it then you should choose this option. It will lock the device with the passcode that you will give. You can also type a message and number to be shown on the screen. Both will take effect once your iPhone 6S connects to internet at any point of time.
Erase iPhone – If you think that you have too much of personal data on your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus and you really lost it then use this option. Personal information can be used by other people. It’s very important to protect and secure the information and your iPhone.
Method 2 : How to Find My iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus using the Official App?
Suppose you don’t have laptop with you then you can use your friends iPhone or laptop. You can follow the below steps to find your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus.
- Download the Find My iPhone app from iTunes in your friends laptop or iPhone.
- Sign in using your Apple ID in the app.
- Once you sign in, you will be able to see all your devices which are connected to the same apple account. You can also see their positions on the map.
- There are 3 options provided to you similar to PC: Lost Mode, Play Sounds and Erase iPhone.
- Tap on small blue arrow to access these options.
- Rest of things are similar to PC and you can track your iPhone 6S easily.
However there are always drawbacks of such things. Suppose if someone finds your iPhone and put it on AirPlane mode or switch it off then you won’t be able to track or find it using any app. Internet connectivity is must on your iPhone or other devices. In such cases iCloud account will show you the last known location of the iOS device that you are trying to locate.
Here are few things that you will like to learn if you have your iPhone with you-
- How to Use Find My iPhone
- Best iPhone 6 Skin Cases and Covers
- 11 Best iPhone Photo Editing Apps
- 7 Popular iPhone Paid Apps
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Yahoo Mail iPhone Settings
- Restore iPhone using iTunes
- Restore iPhone without iTunes
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer
- Increase Battery Life on iPhone
- Know iPhone Baseband Version